£156.92 with overtime hours per week Bradford
An opportunity for a hardworking and trustworthy person to take the first step in a wonderful career in childcare. Helping the children learn through play while providing a high standard of care and upholding the standards of the setting during our adventures and activities.
Duties will include:
● Complying with the requirements of the EYFS and Childcare Register
● Complying with Health and Safety at work legislation
● Planning activities for the children,
● Learning to write effective written observations and recording achievements and wow moments
● Reflecting upon activities to improve the provision of opportunities to play and learn
● Communicating Plans, observations and reflections to the Childminder and to parents.
● Cleaning and performing risk assessments on equipment and the areas where children use it so that the environment remains safe and healthy.
● Maintain confidentiality for staff and children and comply with the requirements of the Information Commissioner’s Office regarding Data Protection
● Completing training sessions and coursework required for your apprenticeship
● Attending ongoing training (inhouse and e-courses) to support CPD
● Complete children’s documentation
● Cooking and serving food, and helping in the cleanliness and maintenance of the food preparation area during such times.
● Changing children’s nappies
● Communicating with parents at handover and via our systems
● Taking children on school runs and on outings either with or without the childminder and ensuring children’s safety and wellbeing while on outings.
● Contributing to policies and procedures of the provision and helping with the provision’s self-assessment, reflection and future planning.
Wildflower Childminding is a large childminding setting. We strive to provide the children with opportunities to grow and develop including many visits out and about, exploring the forest and indoor locations. We take the children swimming, do messy play, baking, singing and dancing and lots more. We would love to grow our team with someone who is adventurous, fun, caring and shows initiative.
|You will be working toward the Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Early Years Practitioner and will achieve the mandated Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner plus maths and English Functional Skills if you have not already achieved them.
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace and at least 6 hours of your working week will be dedicated to ‘Off the Job Training’. You will be allocated a personal Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator and will have access to our online study area where you will find all your assessment materials.
Your Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator will provide you with personal tutorial support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence, and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
FW Solutions is an independent provider delivering apprenticeships and vocational training, specialising in the Early Years and Education sectors.
The company was born out of the Directors’ 40 years collective experience working in community settings throughout West and North Yorkshire and later delivering teaching and training in the Early Years sector. As a family run business, the company lives and breathes childcare from the roots upwards. We have now grown our business to deliver childcare and education training across Yorkshire and the North East. We pride ourselves on having a team of long serving staff with industry experience.
01423 536 672
Windsor House, Cornwall Road, Harrogate, HG1 2PW
Ability to move onto level 3 Early years educator apprenticeship
|An opportunity for a hardworking and trustworthy person to take the first step in a wonderful career in childcare. Helping the children learn through play while providing a high standard of care and upholding the standards of the setting during our adventures and activities.|
|While the work can be really fun and rewarding, shifts can be long and demanding. Some days are harder than others. Tasks like mealtimes and cleaning up are less fun than looking after the children but form an integral part of the role.|