You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a well-established privately owned nursery in Yeadon. You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare.
Duties will include:
• To meet the requirements of the EYFS Framework.
• To work with young children
• To work towards and achieve qualifications in childcare
• To be a part of a team and support other staff
• To ensure that the provision of childcare meets the needs of the individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development
• To promote and work to Health and Safety standards and upkeep hygiene and cleanliness standards at all times.
• To provide and promote a high standard of childcare
Active Kids has been established since 2003, with our main focus being on health and wellbeing which inevitably includes lots of outdoor play (in all weathers). We are an open plan nursery with the capacity for 40 children on any one day.
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace. You will be allocated a personal assessor/tutor and will have access to our on- line study area where you will find all your assessment materials. Your assessor will provide you with personal tutorial support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
Functional Skills at level 1 or level 2 in Maths, English and ICT.
Employment Rights & Responsibilities are delivered via a workbook and completed in the workplace
Personal Learning & Thinking Skills are embedded in the main qualification
FW Solutions Ltd is an independent provider of high quality education and training solutions, providing development for both learners and employers. We commit to offer superior training by ensuring we take into account each learner’s needs and learning styles. All training will be delivered by highly qualified, specialist tutors and we provide our learners with straightforward, web-based resources to make learning flexible and enjoyable.
01423 536 672
Windsor House, Cornwall Road, Harrogate, HG1 2PW
Children and Young Peoples Workforce
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
• Communication skills are vital in this role
• You must have good time management skills; you must be a punctual person and be on time for work
• You must be organised and have good attention to detail.
GCSE English & Maths at Grade A-C, or above (or the equivalent) would be an advantage.
You must be well presented and reliable.
• Successful candidates will be patient, have a caring approach and be understanding to the needs of children, parents and staff.
Achievement of this pathway will enable apprentices to go onto study towards the Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Development (The Early Years Educator) and access higher level jobs within the sector. This employer does intend to offer employment beyond the apprenticeship to the right candidate.
You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a well-established privately owned nursery in Yeadon. You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a Level 2 qualification.
Please consider the location of the setting before submitting your application.
Travel Link: http://www.traveline.info/