You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a Level 3 qualification (Children’s Learning and Development – Early Years Educator).
Duties will include:
1. Supervision of the care and safety of the children attending the nursery.
2. To provide a stimulating environment and foster play with a purpose.
3. To provide a wide range of activities appropriate to the development stages of the children.
4. To promote and develop a welcoming atmosphere for children, parents and staff.
5. To ensure that a high standard of health and safety apply to children and staff.
6. To ensure good staff relationships.
7. Administration of Basic First Aid.
8. To assist with records, i.e. attendance register, planning, children’s records and accident reports.
9. To have an understanding of the needs of children.
10. To ensure a high standard of cleanliness in the nursery.
11. To attend staff meetings, party days, festival days and training days possibly outside of nursery hours when required.
12. To support and liase with other team members to improve practise and procedures.
13. To attend professional development courses, by prior arrangement with the nursery management.
14. To participate in individual room rotas and policies.
15. Undertake any other duties at the discretion of Twinkles management team.
Twinkles Nursery provides high quality child care and early year’s education for children in a safe, secure, stimulating and fun environment.
Children enjoy learning through play, which helps them to develop their social, emotional and physical skills. They love our nurseries large bright activity rooms, exciting outdoor play area and nutritious menu. And, you can rest assured that our friendly, qualified and highly experienced team will help to meet their individual needs.
Mercury Court, Manse Lane, Knaresborough, HG5 8LF
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace. You will be allocated a personal Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator and will have access to our on- line study area where you will find all your assessment materials.
Your Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator will provide you with personal tutorial support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions.
All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
You will be working towards the Advanced Apprenticeship for the Early Years Educator
Functional Skills Level 2 ICT, Level 2 English and Level 2 maths if required.
Employment Rights & Responsibilities are delivered via a workbook and completed in the workplace
Personal Learning & Thinking Skills are embedded in the main qualification.
FW Solutions Ltd is an independent provider of high quality education and training solutions, providing development for both learners and employers. We commit to offer superior training by ensuring we take into account each learner’s needs and learning style. All training will be delivered by highly qualified, specialist tutors and we provide our learners with straightforward, web-based resources to make learning flexible and enjoyable.
01423 536 672
Windsor House, Cornwall Road, Harrogate, HG1 2PW
Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the school team
GCSE English & maths at Grade A-C / 9-4 or equivalent would be an advantage
Level 2 CYPW or equivalent experience is essential
Achievement of this pathway will enable apprentices to access higher level jobs within the sector, e.g. Nursery Nurse, Room Supervisor, etc.
There is also opportunity for apprentices to go on to further study at higher levels.
You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a well-established nursery in Knaresborough. You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Childcare.