|You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a well-established privately owned childcare provider in Pudsey. You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a Level 2 qualification in Childcare: Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
Duties will include:
· To meet the requirements of the EYFS framework
· To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting
· To give support to other personnel within the setting
· To implement the daily routine in the base room
· Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff
· Work with all staff to ensure children settle well
· Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
· To be flexible within working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
· Recording accidents. Ensure they have been signed by another member of staff before the parent receives it
· Look upon the Setting as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children;
· Ensure children are collected by someone known to setting;
· To respect the confidentiality of information received
· To develop your role within the team.
· To ensure the Setting provides a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
· To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times
· To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring setting policies and procedures are observed at all times.
Specific Child Care Tasks:
· The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development;
· To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing;
· Washing and changing children as required;
· Providing comfort and warmth to an ill child;
It is our aim to support children’s achievements to enable them to build independence, freedom, engagement and self esteem. We aim to encourage children to participate in a variety of experiences that lay the foundations for a successful future and a life time of learning.
We are committed to having unique environments with the highest standards of care and education and we continually strive to be the best at what we do, meeting your individual needs and those of your growing child. We aim to create carefully designed and structured environments that support opportunities for child initiated learning, positive relationships and promote the rights of children in all aspects of our care.
14a Waterloo Road
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace. You will be allocated a personal Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator and will have access to our on- line study area where you will find all your assessment materials.
Your Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator will provide you with personal tutorial support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
FW Solutions Ltd is an independent provider of high quality education and training solutions, providing development for both learners and employers. We commit to offer superior training by ensuring we take into account each learner’s needs and learning styles. All training will be delivered by highly qualified, specialist tutors and we provide our learners with straightforward, web-based resources to make learning flexible and enjoyable.
01423 536 672
Windsor House, Cornwall Road, Harrogate, HG1 2PW
Maths and English GCSE graded C or above (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
You must be well presented and reliable.
Achievement of the Intermediate Apprenticeship will enable apprentices to access higher level jobs within the sector, e.g. Nursery Practitioner, Nursery Supervisor, Nursery Manager, Pre-school Manager/Co-ordinator, etc. There is also opportunity for apprentices to go on to further study at higher levels, particularly working towards Foundation Degrees in Early Years.
A hardworking and enthusiastic Apprentice Nursery Assistant is required at a successful Children’s day nursery to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual wishing to progress their career in Childcare.