You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a happy, stimulating and secure environment for pre-school children aged from 2 – 5 years old. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a Level 3 qualification in Childcare: Advanced Apprenticeship for the Early Years Workforce.
Duties will include:
· To Assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Sage (EYFS)
· To help to set up for the daily programme following the ‘Planning in the moment’ ethos meeting the key interests of the children and to help tidy up at the end of the session.
· To act as a key person for a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met
· To work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
· To advise the Manager or Student mentor of any concerns e.g. Health and well-being of children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
· To take action to support Little Crickets Pre-School to achieve and maintain a minimum good Ofsted rating at the next inspection.
· To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
· To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
· To support meal times within the setting
· To actively participate at team meetings, supervision meetings and appraisal meetings, parents/carers evenings. On occasions to volunteer to attend out of working hours fundraising activities such as the, summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
· To attend training courses as required which are identified in recent supervisions meetings and appraisals and to take responsibility for personal development.
· To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, this is acquired as part of the job.
· To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting.
· To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly
· To promote the setting to current parents and potential customers
Little Crickets is a charity run pre-school setting with friendly and dedicated staff; led by a parent committee.
The Pre-school was established as ‘Harlow Hilltop Pre-school’ in 1974 and was originally situated in the ‘Green Hut’, Harlow Community Centre, Harrogate. In January 2012 it moved to its current location at Harrogate Cricket Club and changed its name to Little Crickets Pre-school. Our Vision is to provide an inclusive, enriching and stimulating environment; meeting the needs of our unique children and their families, offering a diverse range of play-based experiences, and supporting the child to become an effective and motivated learner.
Harrogate Cricket Club, The County Ground
St. Georges Road
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace. You will be allocated a personal Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator and will have access to our on- line study area where you will find all your assessment materials.
Your Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator will provide you with personal tutorial support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
Personal Learning & Thinking Skills are embedded in the main qualification.
FW Solutions Ltd is an independent provider of high quality education and training solutions, providing development for both learners and employers. We commit to offer superior training by ensuring we take into account each learner’s needs and learning styles. All training will be delivered by highly qualified, specialist tutors and we provide our learners with straightforward, web-based resources to make learning flexible and enjoyable.
Windsor House, Cornwall Road, Harrogate, HG1 2PW
01423 536 672
Ability to work as part of a team. You need to show the ability to develop excellent communication and relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
Maths and English GCSE graded C/4 or above (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
Level 2 Childcare qualification/previous experience in a childcare setting is essential.
You must have a caring approach and always put the care of the children first
Achievement of the Advanced Apprenticeship will enable apprentices to access higher level jobs within the sector, e.g. Nursery Supervisor, Nursery Manager, Pre-school Manager/Co-ordinator, etc. There is also opportunity for apprentices to go on to further study at higher levels, particularly working towards Foundation Degrees in Early Years.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an outstanding team and to be trained within the Early Years. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the Little Crickets pre-school team in September 2018. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual wishing to progress their career in Childcare.
An enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references would be obtained prior to commencement of employment.